Rebuild of gtk+ dependent packages required

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Aug 20 13:14:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:33:04 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> > Is it intentional, that redhat-artwork-0.126-1 still references
> > libcairo.so.1?
>
> doubtful... since redhat-artwork according to rpm doesn't have a
> requirement on libcairo this probably fell through the cracks.
>
> Is the autorequires probing that rpm does at buildtime turned off for
> redhat-artwork?

Want to know what my nose says? It tells me that this smells like
it's disabled, because else the theme DSOs would pull in a lot of
dependencies. Wasn't redhat-artwork a package which wanted Qt and
other libraries even when user used only GNOME?

Oh,...:

$ rpm -q --changelog redhat-artwork |grep -i auto
- autoreq 0 to avoid pointless dependencies
- automated rebuild