Maintainers must be reachable by email

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 10:26:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 10:41:19AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> blacklists or SPF problems. The sender tries again from another account,
> e.g. GMail, and once more, the mail is rejected in the same way. This is a
> frustrating experience for the sender. More frustrating than not getting
> a reply because perhaps a message is discarded silently. ;)

If it happens try again two or three days latter. Some of the allegedly
well run spam host lists are used by big ISPs and are regularly tricked,
confused, misfire - eg because of a dynamic IP address or the user may have
genuinely misconfigured their system and not yet realised.

> There ought to be means of making sure any contributor can be reached by
> e-mail, in particular by the account sponsor. As a last resort, a second

If you consistently can't reach them I suspect revoking your sponsorship
should have the desired effect.

Alan