libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 16 01:02:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 09:18 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I'm still interested in hearing about candidate applications that fill
> a role similar to gnucash that could be promoted to Core.  Dropping
> the aging gnucash codebase and its dependancies certaintly has its
> merit. I'd be much happier with moving gnucash to Extras if there was
> something else in the personal finances/book-keeping area taking its
> place inside Core.  If we only had a better idea of when the gtk2 port
> of gnucash was expected to release something..anything..even
> pre-releases.

Is there a reason why there has to be a financial software in core?  I
see pushing this to extras as a win win situation.  Core wins by being
smaller, and the deps just for gnucash can go as well, plus the
community that uses this software can maintain it, and track the port in
extras.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: