libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 01:24:55 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:
> Is there a reason why there has to be a financial software in core?  I
> see pushing this to extras as a win win situation.  Core wins by being
> smaller, and the deps just for gnucash can go as well, plus the
> community that uses this software can maintain it, and track the port in
> extras.

whats the target group for Core again? knowledge worker doesn't
encompass finance tracking of any sort? I think thats probably a very
very narrow definition of "knowledge" "worker" and the resulting
combination of the two words.  And if you want to apply that narrow a
definition.. i have a very very long list of application level
functionality I could suggest be shown the door as well to suppliment
Seth's list of duplicate functionality.

-jef"I'll let you remove finance software from the target if we also
remove graphics software too.. I'm all for compromise"spaleta