libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 16 03:34:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 22:24 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Define what Core is suppose to be
> Define what Extras is suppose to be
> Define what the Core+Extras relationshiop is suppose to be
> Build policies and infrastructure to support that relationship.
> THEN start moving things around in the framework of that relatonship.

Unfortunately we can't take our ball and go home until we figure things
out.  Stuff still has to happen, we still need to get an FC5 out the
door.  What I'm merely saying is that changes we make now for whatever
reason may become obsolete or indifferent very soon.

A lot of your list is a good one, and it should be done.  Maybe not in
the same order, but maybe.  The time between FC5 and FC6 is a great time
to investigate this.  Maybe we'll make a few steps toward our goal, and
maybe FC6 to FC7 will be the major change period.  I don't know, the
8ball is hazy.  I'm just further feeding the seeds of thought planted by
Bill.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: