libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 05:00:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 21:27 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Until there is a clear signal that the definition of Core has changed
> direction I'm not going to be working under the single CD goal
> assumption.  Someone is going to have the balls to move KDE and some
> of that java crap over to Extras if you have a chance in hell of going
> to one CD.  I'll pay more attention to this argument as a serious
> statement of policy direction once I see KDE move over.

I'll fall on my sword and say that I think that moving KDE out to extras
is a good idea - but probably not for the reason you expect.  Since it's
clear that Red Hat is not going to be supporting KDE (we're just not
going to put up the resources) let's stop holding it hostage and invite
the KDE community who cares about it to develop and support it as part
of Extras.  We can give them a lot of freedom to make it look nice and
work the way that they think it should.  (Kedora?)

--Chris