libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 18:59:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> This is an interesting question, actually.  If we want to get to a
> one-cd install we're going to have to make some hard choices.  Not that
> I would mind making those choices, but we would have to shrink down the
> scope of what we deliver right now.

If what Jeremy says is correct, we will be making these choices fairly
soon in order to make Fedora Core's disk 1 installable all by its lonesome
-- which means we'll end up in a situation in which we've got "Fedora Core
Disk 1," which will become known as "Fedora Core Core".  And then we'll
have "Fedora Core Disk 2," which will become known as "Fedora
Core-almost-Extras Disk 1".

> There's also the question of if we're server focused or desktop focused.
> Right now it's some strange combination of both.  But for a one-cd
> install we're going to have to make a choice between the two.

Good question.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan