libxml v1 dependencies

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 04:37:39 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> writes:
> Desktop just makes better sense for a single CD target IMO. Server users
> generally are more advanced and would want to install more packages
> while a significant portion of desktop users might be willing to settle
> for the default desktop Lapps in a single CD.

Really?  Can you fit a reasonable desktop environment on one CD these
days?  (How many meg is OpenOffice at the moment?)

Server is actually much more likely to fit on one CD, not least because
server admins tend to favor "don't install what we don't need" for
security reasons --- while desktop users seldom worry about that.

I don't disagree with your premise, only with the assumption that it's
actually possible to do anything very useful with one CD for desktop.

			regards, tom lane