gimp-print-cups

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:11:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 13:57, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> Tim, are you going to maintain this in Fedora Extras? Anything we drop
> from FC4 should go into Extras, unless its unmaintained upstream or a
> license change has happened.

since this is a subpackage of gimp-print.. thats tougher. You'd have to
split this off as a new srpm. Current infrastructure constraints dictate
Extras/Core must be split at srpm level. So any subpackage that is
dropped has to be re-engineered as its own srpm to show up in Extras.
Somehow I don't get the feeling Red Hat is prepared to expend the
resources to re-engineer subpackages as new packages as general rule
when there is pressure to prune subpackages. The subpackage barrier is
somewhat problematic in this regard.

-jef