gimp-print-cups

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 20:58:29 UTC 2005

>Tom 'spot' Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
>> In this case, this is a lot of support for printers, which may or may
>> not work as well with the default configurations. I really don't think
>> we want to regress on someone who relies on gimp-print-cups to have
>> useful printing functionality.
>
>It adds no support for any printers that are not already supported;
>it is merely an alternate form of the support we already ship.

I'm just trying to avoid the "You broke my printer" flames.

It could very well be the case that the gimp-print-cups drivers are
superior (or inferior) to the alternate drivers in Core, and if so, we
may be regressing for some printers.

I hate printers, so I can't confirm this one way or the other. I'm just
trying to make sure we're not being arrogant in trashing things that may
be useful to people trying to print.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!