Summary of Dropped Packages

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Feb 24 09:11:33 UTC 2005

David Woodhouse wrote :

> On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 03:20 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> >I'm thinking for the future - why don't we consider pulling this
> >discussion off of fedora-devel and onto fedora-maintainers? Sound
> >reasonable?
>
> I suspect this is just an script error because the exim-doc subpackage
> is gone. That comes from its own SRPM now, which can easily be moved to
> Extras or just dropped. Exim itself needs to stay, and removing it
> wasn't under consideration AFAICT.

I'm also a bit disappointed to see xfce dropped... FC is now short of a
powerful but light desktop manager and still has two huge heavyweight ones.

I saw bzflag and tuxracer got removed too, which means that there is not a
single nifty 3D game left to show off hardware acceleration right after
install. Well, there's the sproingies screensaver, but the interaction is
quite limited ;-)
I'd love to see at least one 3D game left in. My personal preference would
go for neverball and neverputt... but they're even bigger than tuxracer and
bzflag, so I doubt that'll happen.

I do volunteer to take back bzflag for maintainership in Extras.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3
Load : 1.45 1.52 1.45