rawhide/fc4 extras builds

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Feb 26 17:19:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:57:55 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> >> I tested out that bumpspec script (the second one) on a bunch of
> >> specfiles last night - it does, mostly, the right thing.
> >
> >I still disagree. But that doesn't move us forward. So, what is the plan?
>
> you disagree with the script?

Yes, it fails to deal with several types of release versions, e.g.
fedora.us pre-release versioning scheme and macros in the release tag.

> If you want to do them by hand that's fine by me. I'm not sure what
> we're disagreeing about. Do you want to do a mass rebuild as a test now?

I want to avoid [more] chaos if that's possible, please.

We have the FC-3-split in CVS now, but how do we proceed? Every commit to
FC-3 branch moves "devel" more out-of-sync.

It is not clear to me what you have planned. Do you want every individual
package owner to bump release versions in current "devel" tree on some day
between now and FC4T1?

At fedora.us we've had mass-rebuilds for the first or second test release,
and the dist tag made a release bump unnecessary.

In Fedora Extras, this is the first time we branch in CVS, and we need a
concept.

And no, I don't want to bump >571 versions "by hand". I didn't do that
with the 0.fdr.x.y versions after import either. Thanks Perl!