yum GPG verify and package sigs...

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:41:59 UTC 2005

On 7/23/05, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> In case you missed the discussion, this does not solve the problem.

Discussion where? I dont see anyone in the 5 posts before mine in this
thread making a comment about importing all the provided keys.. fedora
and redhat keys manully.

I've run into this on #fedora and I have yet to see importing of all
the provided keys fail to resolve the problem.

But I'll run through this again from scratch on my fc4 desktop

>rpm -e --allmatches gpg-pubkey

>yum install docbook-utils
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
public key not available for docbook-utils-0.6.14-4.noarch.rpm
Retrieving GPG key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
Importing GPG key 0x4F2A6FD2 "Fedora Project <fedora at redhat.com>"
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Key imported successfully
Key import didn't help, wrong key?
public key not available for docbook-utils-0.6.14-4.noarch.rpm

>rpm -q gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey-4f2a6fd2-3f9d9d3b

> rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY*

>rpm -q gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey-4f2a6fd2-3f9d9d3b
gpg-pubkey-db42a60e-37ea5438
gpg-pubkey-897da07a-3c979a7f
gpg-pubkey-4f2a6fd2-3f9d9d3b
gpg-pubkey-1ac70ce6-41bebeef
gpg-pubkey-1cddbca9-3f9da14c
gpg-pubkey-30c9ecf8-3f9da3f7
gpg-pubkey-a109b1ec-3f6e28d5
gpg-pubkey-e418e3aa-3f439953

>yum install docbook-utils
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing: docbook-utils                ######################### [1/1]
Installed: docbook-utils.noarch 0:0.6.14-4
Complete!

My workaround seems to workforme and for every user I've come across
using the provided yum confs in fc4.   The keys needed are provided by
the fedora-release package.. you just need to manually import all of
them.

-jef