"I plan to work on..." for FC5
skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jun 5 23:48:09 UTC 2005
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 00:57 +0200, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> Hello world,
> (Apparently I don't know any better than to send this, which could start
> another long-lived "future of FC5" thread. Apologies to all if that
I plan to work on:
- helping purge core of duplicate packages and getting the duplicates
picked up into extras
- making better/more interesting package groups for extras
- doing whatever I can to help with anaconda to add yum support for
- pushing for more of an extended development cycle :)
- deploying the second generation of the fedora extras buildsystem
- using the extras buildsys code to do a parallel build of core as a
way of testing how good the buildsystem code is.
- Adding CD support into the repodata creator (createrepo) and teaching
yum how to deal with removable media
- Helping to make the errata/update announcements be more automated and
providing the content in the announcements in such a way as to allow yum
and pup access to the notices in runtime.
- Getting rid of the ugly-ass fedoraproject.org main page and making
the fedora project pages more informative and useful.
That's my list for the moment. I'm sure other things will come up.
More information about the Fedora-maintainers