"I plan to work on..." for FC5

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jun 5 23:48:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 00:57 +0200, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> Hello world,
> (Apparently I don't know any better than to send this, which could start
> another long-lived "future of FC5" thread.  Apologies to all if that
> happens.)

I plan to work on:
 - helping purge core of duplicate packages and getting the duplicates
picked up into extras
 - making better/more interesting package groups for extras
 - doing whatever I can to help with anaconda to add yum support for
depsolving.
 - pushing for more of an extended development cycle :)
 - deploying the second generation of the fedora extras buildsystem
 - using the extras buildsys code to do a parallel build of core as a
way of testing how good the buildsystem code is.
 - Adding CD support into the repodata creator (createrepo) and teaching
yum how to deal with removable media
 - Helping to make the errata/update announcements be more automated and
providing the content in the announcements in such a way as to allow yum
and pup access to the notices in runtime.
 - Getting rid of the ugly-ass fedoraproject.org main page and making
the fedora project pages more informative and useful.

That's my list for the moment. I'm sure other things will come up.

-sv