Package Process for Discussion

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:45:02 UTC 2005

On 6/30/05, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Well there are already some Package Request in out bugzilla. Not sure if
> thats the right place. Maybe we should close those and add them to
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/WishlistExtras

Considering that I'm the one who wrote the bulk of that happy happy
joy joy prose on that page, I want to strongly encourage you to NOT
turn that page into a dumping ground for all possible package
requests.  Having one page list 300+ packages that "someone" wants
"someone else" to maintain is irresponsible. In my absolutely supreme
and undeniably logical opinion, that page should be used for
highlighting a "small" collection of packages yet to be entered into
extras to give the sense that there is still room for more
contributors.

-jef