package functionality - is it a core feature?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Mar 4 10:35:33 UTC 2005

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote :

> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:54:39AM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > [...]
> > - cscope
> > [...]
> > Do people think that these are core functionality?
>
> There being no formal definition of "core", it's hard to know by what
> criteria this small (350K), useful (customers requested it, developers
> who try it tend to like it), unique (no other tool like it in fedora),
> newish (added in FC3) tool might fail to qualify.

I tend to agree. I'm also wondering on what set of packages the next RHEL
will based too. Can packages move to Extras when they should be included in
the next RHEL? Meaning... will RHEL also include part of Extras packages?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
Load : 0.05 0.33 0.35