cvs-import.sh and transparent proxies

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Mon Mar 7 17:38:05 UTC 2005

I'm guessing this is more appropriate than extras-list for this, but
we'll see.

I recently tried to import ipython-0.6.11-2.src.rpm into Extras CVS and
got about 50% done when the cvs-import.sh script failed due to a 403
error on the upload.cgi script.  I'm guessing that this is due to the
transparent proxy setup here at work.  Clearly, removing source-ip
checking from the upload script is not an option.  I asked the proxy
administrator to not re-route the http requests to
cvs.fedora.redhat.com, but not everyone in this situation might be able
to do that.

Would it be possible for cvs.fedora.redhat.com to listen on https or
8080 or something which is less frequently proxied (and have
Makefile.common default to that port)?

It seems like transparent proxying, while not common, is probably common
enough that more people than me will run into this problem sooner or
later...
--
Shahms E. King <shahms at shahms.com>
Multnomah ESD

Public Key:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/~sking/shahms.asc
Fingerprint:
1612 054B CE92 8770 F1EA  AB1B FEAB 3636 45B2 D75B