GConf schema packaging guidelines

Dams anvil at livna.org
Sat Mar 12 14:11:29 UTC 2005

Hi.

This is a packaging bug if you dont test the upgrade case.
If you uninstall schemas you just *must* have an `if' statement
surrounding the gconf schema un-installation in %preun, to test if we're
being upgraded or un-installed.

Remember that, when upgrading, %preun of the old package is ran after
the new package %post.

And anyway, we have a problem in cases like:

      * foo-1 which has foo.schema is installed
      * you upgrade to foo-2 which has foo2.schema, but has no
        foo.schema.

foo.schema will never be uninstalled, as foo-2 knows nothing about it.
(Yes, that sort of things has already happened).

So, do we bother about un-installing or.. ?

--
         Dams Nadé
Anvil/Anvilou on irc.freenode.net : #Linux-Fr, #Fedora