STR working out of the box

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 06:25:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 01:19 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> More ugly hacks...
>
> /sbin/hwclock --systohc     /sbin/hwclock --hctosys
>
> Would it be appropriate to include these pair of commands in the
> suspend.sh in order to avoid time clock screwage?

Yeah, I guess.

> One more question...
> suspend-checklid.sh assumes that all users *always* wants suspend if the
> LID is closed.  I am assuming this will eventually be configurable
> easily from the desktop, but will it default this way?

Well, for the FC5 time frame I hope we can ship something like described
here

 http://live.gnome.org/ProjectUtopia_2fPowerManagement
 http://live.gnome.org/ProjectUtopia_2fPowerManagement_2fPreferences
 http://live.gnome.org/ProjectUtopia_2fPowerManagement_2fgnome_2dpower_2dmanager

 (though clarkbw seems to hate the dialog :-)

and the good thing is that someone is already working it :-)

For FC4 I suppose we can patch battstat-applet to do something sane per
default.

Cheers,
David