extras merging

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 09:42:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:24:49PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> Hi folks,
>  Bill suggested I merge over all the packages from fedora extras 3 into
> fedora development (fc4). What do you think?
>
> merge them over and then fix the ones that break or rebuild and fix the
> ones that break?

Automatic rebuilds in fc4 and making sure bug-fixes e.g. for gcc4 are added
would be great. Not sure we want to push all these packages as part of the
FC development tree or not.
I'd also really like to see us building packages for several
releases and trying to automate that. This makes even more sense for
FC-extras and longterm also FC-updates would benefit from this.

greetings,

Florian La Roche