RFD: kernel-devel package improvements

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 16 19:00:19 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 15.03.2005, 20:03 +0200 schrieb Ville Skyttä:
> Warning: lengthy mail.

Warning: short mail ;-)

I'm also involved with packaging kernel-modules and from my point of
view everything Ville described/criticized in his mail is reasonable.
And the solution(s) sounds good afaics. It would make things a lot
easier if we used the "uname -r" approach Ville suggests.

Therefor I really would appreciate it if we could apply a
tested/modified version of the patch Ville posted before FC4 is shipped
to solve the biggest pitfalls from his list of problems. I'm willing to
help with this where I can if that is needed.

Yes, maybe we are a bit incompatible to RHEL4 then -- i think this is a
problem, but I think that is no good reason to stay with the current
situation.