Question about an orphaned package

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Mar 18 13:11:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 11:01 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> seth vidal wrote :
>
> >  I was looking at the orphaned list seeing if there was anything I
> > wanted to pickup. I noticed gpa there and was thinking about owning it,
> > but I've got a kinda dumb question:
> >  gpa devel appears to be sluggish atm and 0.7.0 is still the latest
> > release. I looked at the package and spec file, it all looks spiffy. So,
> > my question is - if it's not moving and not changing, what exactly is it
> > I would do to maintain it? :)
>
> Answer bug reports with "development is slow, wait for the next version,
> sorry", bump release and ask for a rebuild for every new FC release... an
> that's basically it, right? :-D

Right!  And besides, if it works and does what it's designed for, why
blame anyone for sluggish development...? :)

Seth, it'd be cool if you'd (or someone else) pick it up; ever since
kgpg started working sanely somewhere at FC2ish time or so, I haven't
really used or even launched gpa.  FWIW, I've successfully test-built it
on FC4test1.