cvs-import.sh help

Shahms E. King shahms at shahms.com
Sat Mar 19 19:30:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 09:40 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> > Warren> Are you behind some kind of HTTP proxy where your incoming IP
> > Warren> address would appear to be different than your incoming SSH
> > Warren> address?  If so this is the problem, because we currently rely
> > Warren> on a problematic IP-based ACL to allow both ssh and HTTP
> > Warren> upload access.  Is this the case for you?
> >
> > Ah ha. Yes.
> >
> > I have both a dsl line (which I use for ssh, etc) and a cable modem
> > (which I use for http, as it has a nice fast download).
> >
> > If I change that, can I just re-run the cvs-import?
> > Or does something need to get fixed with the failed attempt before?
>
> 	My tarball upload failed during cvs-import too, I fixed the problem and
> re-ran cvs-import and there didn't seem to be any problems with that.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

I'm in a similar situation at work.  My "solution" is an ugly one, but
works. Attached is the script I use to accomplish it.

It installs an iptables rule to redirect outgoing port 80 to
cvs.fedora.redhat.com to localhost 8081, sets up an ssh tunnel, executes
the command, kills the tunnel and removes the rule.  I said it was ugly,
but it gets the job done.