Extras Builds

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat May 7 20:39:01 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>  This was actually opened up for everyone yesterday but I found a couple
> more problems and wanted to get them addressed before I announced it.
>
> 'make build' is open.
>
> After you check in a package and get it approved you should run 'make
> tag' to tag the package then run 'make build TARGET=distrover' to get it
> built.
>
> so for a Fedora Extras 3 package you'd run:
>  make build TARGET=FC3
>
> for a Fedora Extras Development package you'd run:
>  make build TARGET=development
>

> eventually, once FC4 is released you'd run:
>  make build TARGET=FC4

Why does it not match the lowercase disttag of "fc3" or "fc4"?  It is
also different from the cvs "branches" of "FC-3" and "FC-4".  So then we
have to remember three different names and use the right one in
different circumstances.

make build TARGET=fc3
make build TARGET=development
make build TARGET=fc4