Extras Builds

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon May 9 20:52:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 09 May 2005 14:51:32 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 14:28 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > >
> > > spot cleaned it up a little bit (moved the common dir stuff to the top
> > > of Makefile.common so that it would work :-) and I've now applied it.
> > > Specifying TARGET= should still work if you want, but this can make the
> > > default case simpler.
> > >
> > > Thanks for taking a crack at this
> >
> > Does this mean that maintainers can now remove any hard-coded %{dist} and
> > %{fedora} macros they have in the spec files?
>
> Yes. I'd even go so far to say that you must do this. And before anyone
> flames me, I'm doing it right now (for my packages).

Yeah, I flame you for doing it also in the FC3 tree and doing FC3
rebuilds only for this. That is plain silly. Fedora Extras FC3 is not
Development where users expect daily updates. If you did it with the
next real update, no objections. But to request immediate rebuilds, bah.

Everyone else, please treat FC3 more like a stable release and not a
playground.