mismatch of versions between arches

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu May 12 06:55:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:32:06 +1000, Colin Charles wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 07:36 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > The explanation is a different one. Fedora pre-Extras started with
> > i386/x86_64 builds only and published whatever did built on i386. No
> > ppc
> > builds were done. Only later build failures on one arch have started
> > block an entire release.
>
> Wrong; they were being built here at home right up until pre-FC4t2 for
> ppc (when Seth got a build box, and I stopped)

Wrong or right, doesn't matter at all. There's a huge discrepancy between
what packages we have on each of the architectures. And really nobody else
has the overview of what was built for ppc and what was not.

> > And no mass-rebuild for ppc was done either when a ppc build box was
> > introduced.
>
> I reckon as FC-4 becomes near, we need a mass rebuild on all arch's, one
> way or another

Or just a rebuild of packages, which have not been built with gcc4 yet.

> How about the date get set to start around 26th May? This gives us
> relatively enough time to rebuild, and get things fixed before 6th June.

Fedora Extras FC4 target bugs
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=157183

(would be great if the dep tree listed the architecture, too, btw)