mismatch of versions between arches

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Thu May 12 10:20:37 UTC 2005

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> The following packages in Fedora Extras don't have the same
> version across i386/x86_64/ppc in the built repostory, and
> don't have an ExcludeArch/ExclusiveArch that explains it in
> brief checking.
>
> Please get these rectified; having the repository consistent
> is A Good Thing.
[SNIP]

Does Fedora-Extras buildsystem infrastructure build only on
one arch at a time, or does it build on all supported arches
simultaneously and kill builds on all arches if any one of
them should fail?

While it's annoying to have one arch kill all of them, it
has proven to be a very useful and successful solution for
Red Hat internally as far as product consistency is
concerned.  If Extras doesn't already do this, I'd recommend
it for future.