%doc package policy

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun May 22 22:40:09 UTC 2005

By FC5, we should make it so nothing in our software relies on the
existence of %doc installed files, that is stuff that ends up in
/usr/share/doc/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.

rpm --excludedocs should create an installed system that works exactly
the same during runtime.  This is already the case for 99.99% of our
packages, so complying with this rule would require very few changes.

Can we come to agreement on this and add this to packaging policy?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com