The impending end of FC2 NEEDINFO bugs...

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed May 25 00:24:30 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 07:05:43PM -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>
>>Should the owners also change to a default fedora-legacy owner of some
>>sort?  I don't really plan on dealing with the FC2 bugs I own.
>

> Well, sort of the idea is that Fedora Legacy won't be either.
>
> bugzilla.redhat.com tells me that a resolution of deferred means "The
> problem described is a bug which will not be fixed in this version of the
> product." I think that should convey exactly what you just said. :)
>
> As before, I'll include a short message explaining what's going on.

I don't think it should be DEFERRED but rather CURRENTRELEASE.  DEFERRED
implies that the bug intends to be revisited later, which is not the
case.  They were given a chance to change the bug from FC2 to a newer
release and NEEDINFO status.  If they haven't responded by now just
assume it is fixed, and tell them about changing the Version and
reopening if not.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com