The impending end of FC2 NEEDINFO bugs...

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu May 26 17:45:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I disagree.  There are different ways to say the same thing, and
> while "WONTFIX" is very much true, it is NOT the best way of saying
> it.  Or should I say instead - There are better ways of saying
> "WONTFIX" that are more positive and friendly.
>
> One could argue GO_TO_HELL is a "true" resolution for some bugs,
> but is it "friendly"?  Is it "proactive"?  Does it give the
> reporter a warm feeling in their stomach?
>
> No.

Hey Dave Lawrence...

Is there a way to add certain text to certain bugzilla emails, depending
on the presence of particular state data?

As in, if "WONTFIX" is present, some text that explains what "WONTFIX"
means in more positive terms?

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan
      Red Hat Summit ] [
         New Orleans ] [ Learn. Network. Experience Open Source.
     June 1/2/3 2005 ] [ (And Make Your Boss Pay For It.)
                       [ http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/