sandbox targets

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 4 00:54:41 UTC 2005

Hey,
 I was wondering if it might be useful if we made -sandbox targets for
all of the current fedora extras targets. The goal would be so that a
package maintainer could request a build of their package that was not
for release.

The package would be submitted to the buildsystem and build in the same
environment, so everything would be the same, BUT it would sit in
another dir on buildsys.fedoraproject.org and never be released to the
general public.

I'm thinking it would allow me to test out the build in a chroot w/o
having to set one up on their own machine. The sandbox repo would have a
short timespan on it's life. Packages would last there for something
like 5-7 days then be tmpwatch reaped.

I'm thinking the targets would just be named like:
fedora-4-extras-sandbox.

So what do people think? Should we make it so?

-sv