sandbox targets

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 4 03:33:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 20:07 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 11/3/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> > So what do people think? Should we make it so?
>
> I'd certaintly use that option for anything i submitted into the
> system from this point just as a sanity check on functionality before
> going to publish.

Ditto.  One could even use it for *gasp* putting test packages out there
for bug fixes.  I really like this sandbox idea.

> One thing to watch out for... if sandbox builds are a very popular
> feature...you might consider sandbox builds be given lower priority
> instead of fifowith  to-be-published packages. I'd have to see a lot
> of sandbox builds que up and clog the buildhosts. But this is
> obviously a secondary issue which might never need to be addressed.

I think this is a valid point.  It's better to at least think about it
now rather than try to fix it when the buildsys is over-whelmed.  This
is a case where being proactive will probably work out better than
reactive.

josh