Moving nautilus-sendto to extras

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 13:54:59 UTC 2005

We (the Red Hat desktop group) think it would make sense to ship
nautilus-sendto in Core. Its a small app that integrates already
existing features in the desktop in a nice way. Plus it avoids a
regression since the bluetooth-specific sendto nautilus menu item was
removed from gnome-bluetooth.

However, nautilus-sendto already exists in extras, so this is slightly
complicated. I've CC:ed the current extras maintainer. Is this move ok
with you?

Also, before I noticed the package in extras i made a quick package
myself, and i did it a bit differently. I put the gaim plugin in the
main package, as it actually has no extra dependencies and isn't listed
in the UI unless you actually use gaim. Instead I put the evolution
plugin in a separate package (although that was perhaps unnecessary).
What is your opinion on this Paul?

Also, I'm not sure why you added gnome-desktop-devel to the
build-requirements. That library is not actually used by
nautilus-sendto. "libglade2-devel, libgnomeui-devel" would be a
better requirement.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's an ungodly ninja waffle chef with no name. She's a cynical insomniac
opera singer prone to fits of savage, blood-crazed rage. They fight crime!