Are you ready for another rawhide breakage?

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 19:02:54 UTC 2005

> Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com> writes:
> > as we are approaching the FC-5 test 1 devel freeze I'd like to upgrade
> > one more package which involves rebuild of many dependent packages. This
> > package is openssl (0.9.8a) and as it is a version change there might be
> > even needed some minor patches to package sources.
>
> OK, so I got the "broken deps" warning overnight and did a rebuild just now.
> Doesn't seem to have helped any though:
>
> [tgl at porkchop i386]$ rpm -qp postgresql-libs-8.1.0-1.i386.rpm --requires | grep ssl
> libssl.so.5
> [tgl at porkchop postgresql]$ cd ../../8.1.0-2/i386
> [tgl at porkchop i386]$ rpm -qp postgresql-libs-8.1.0-2.i386.rpm --requires | grep ssl
> libssl.so.5
>
> Anyone care to explain why the build system is nagging us about broken
> deps when the old openssl is still in the buildroots?  And what are
> the nag-ees supposed to do about it?
This is really strange every other package I've just rebuilt is linked
correctly to libssl.so.6. The old openssl had to be put there because it
was required for rpm. Otherwise rpm would be broken and thus buildroots
too. I've now moved the openssl097f package out of the dist-fc5-build we
will see if it helps or not.

--
Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com>