Shell access to fedora.redhat.com machines

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Nov 16 03:42:03 UTC 2005

Elliot Lee wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've set things up so we can start to allow shell accounts on
>*.fedora.redhat.com (and hopefully *.fedoraproject.org, RSN), enabling
>more people to create and enhance Fedora infrastructure. There are now
>three groups in the account system - sysadmin-build (for people
>maintaining the build systems), sysadmin-web (for people hacking on web
>infrastructure) and sysadmin (for people doing general infrastructure
>maintenance).
>
>These shell accounts are only to be used for Fedora project-related stuff
>- please don't put any personal materials or services or 'stuff' in them.

What about shell access to debug problems on architectures we don't
otherwise have access to? I don't necessarily have the time to work on
Fedora infrastructure projects, but I have occaisionally run into build
problems, with x86_64 for example, where debugging has been done via
reading build logs and asking questions on mailing lists when I might
have more quickly found the problem on my own given shell access to the
right machine.

-Quentin