List of rejected packages

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 19:14:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 16:05 +0200, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 20:28 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Arf, arf, arf. Would something like this "Sorry, you can't play your
> > audio CDs, please consider downloading them from a dodgy Korean
> > website as Ogg Vorbis files instead" make sense to you?
> >
> > In this case, I'd say:
> > Fedora Suggests: "Donate money to the EFF, and lobby your local
> > political leaders to abolish software patents", or even removing the
> > suggestion.
>
> In the specific case of items sold as audio CDs but which turn out _not_
> to comply with that specification, the suggestion should be to report
> the problem to local trading standards officials.

Except that won't do much good -- usually they're clever enough not o
use the CD logo or call it a CD.  The most common example these days is
DualDisc, which is roughly CDDA-like on one side, but the substrate is
too thin, so some drives can't focus on it.  On the other side it's a
perfectly valid DVD.

They, like most of the "we'll mess with the Table of Contents so things
read it wrong", generally don't use the Compact Disc term or logos.

--
  Peter