License for FE infrastructure?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Oct 17 14:06:56 UTC 2005

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote :

> Josh Boyer wrote :
>
> > I was wondering if there is a license for the infrastructure code
> > (Makefiles, scripts, etc) in the common directory.  I believe the
> > intention of the Extras project was that all of the infrastructure would
> > be fully open source, however there is no explicit license statement.
> >
> > So my questions are:
> >
> > 1) Is there a license, if so what is it?
> > 2) If 1 is yes, would a simply LICENSE file in the common directory
> > suffice?
> >
> > We obviously don't package and release this stuff, so I'm just looking
> > for some indication we can have to let people know if there is a license
> > or not.
>
> Good question.  We'll get an answer to you soon.

Seems like the situation was taken care of but the answer wasn't posted here. Take a look at the top of the latest Makefile.common and you'll see that it's "newBSD" licensed ;-)

Thanks for raising the initial concern.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4
Load : 0.06 0.27 0.35