gtk+ stuff moving out of Core

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 5 19:56:35 UTC 2006

> On 4/5/06, Christian.Iseli at licr.org <Christian.Iseli at licr.org> wrote:
> > I'm not sure I like this idea.  What would be the point ?
> > What worries me a bit is that once a binary package is in FE, there will be
> > little incentive to review and push the update.
>
> I have a suggested fix for that.

I have a better fix for that, although perhaps less practical in the
very short term: Stop having different quality standards for Core and
for Extras.

Go file bugs (and submit patches) against any Core package which doesn't
meet the existing guidelines and would need to be modified if it were
ever hypothetically to be moved into Extras.

--
dwmw2