Free Software audit update

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sat Aug 19 11:40:05 UTC 2006

On Friday 18 August 2006 23:35, Rahul wrote:

> It would be been better to discuss any potential legal issues before
> submitting the package in question. do you have any more information or
> references to the alleged patented algorithms?

  Other than the license I found this:
http://opendx.npaci.edu/docs/html/pages/usrgu003.htm#HDRNTCS

"""
IBM may have patents or pending patent applications covering subject matter in
this document. The furnishing of this document does not give the user any
license to those patents. License inquiries should be sent, in writing, to:
"""

  Probably this is a standard disclaimer, that is why I have asked.

  OTHO, I see that debian has opendx so probably my concerns are moot:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/science/dx
http://packages.debian.org/stable/science/dx

> Rahul

  PS: Sorry for the ramblings