Free Software audit update

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Mon Aug 21 04:02:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 05:50 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > Ok my wording might not have been entirely appropriate but it doesnt
> > meet the packaging guidelines for either Free software
> > (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/motif.html) or open source software
> > (http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/faq.html) and should be removed from
> > the distribution.
> Yes, OpenMotif is not a copyright nor a legal issue. It's a religious
> one. It's licence doesn't meet the some people's "confession/belief"

Ralf,

I disagree.  Fedora was constituted as a free software distribution.
There were many struggles and false starts along the way, and we all
have the battle scars to prove that.  But things are getting better, and
now we are in a position to make good on a promise we made at the start
of the project.  Religion has nothing whatsoever to do with this.
Courage, commitment, freedom, and accountability have everything to do
with this.