Free Software audit update

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Aug 30 19:06:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:15:09AM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> * Working hard to get lesstif in and openmotif out before FC-6.

lesstif is built in fedora extras now.

We can start rebuilding against lesstif now, but I don't think we should
remove openmotif hastily. The devel packages conflict but the packages
that contain the libs don't conflict. So a user that want to build his
own apps against openmotif can do it, and the libs are available for
linking even if lesstif is used to build.

My personal opinion is that we should keep openmotif for FC-6 to ease
the transition, and leave enough time for those who have in-house or
proprietary soft to test lesstif.

And also it could help if there are issues with lesstif for the packages
shipped in fedora.

--
Pat