stop the madness

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Dec 21 16:27:02 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> It's called abstraction and encapsulation.

>> It's also called 'slow and useless like libtool'.

> Pardon, I am well aware about RH living on an "isolated island" and not
> caring much about the world out side of RH :(

Bill, I think you chose the wrong example to support your case. (:

Ralf has a point, we all need to realize that we are on the same side
here.  There is a growing perception (valid or not, doesn't matter) that
some (Core/rh) folks are thumbing their noses and/or slighting the
significance of community-participatory groups, such as FESCo and the
Packaging Committee.  Such nonsense needs to stop.

-- Rex