Summary from yesterdays (mini) FESCo meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Dec 29 16:05:34 UTC 2006

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 03:00:02PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> The decision went towards a proposed new rule: "the reviewer has to at
> least mention that he checked the license, if the sources match upstream
> and 5 other points he checked when approving a package". Dgilmore will

I think that a mention of the license check, and of the upstream source match
(with a md5sum if possible or a comment if things are non standard) should
be mandatory, but nothing more. For simple review other checks are not
really usefull, so mandating them isn't a good idea in my opinion. Adding
all the points that were checked should be encouraged, though, it helps
in my opinion.

--
Pat