Summary from yesterdays (mini) FESCo meeting

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Dec 29 20:14:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 17:10 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>Any more formalism and bureaucracy will drive away reviewers. I think
> we've agreed on that long ago. I'm surprised this topic has returned.

I... am absolutely astounded by all this. For doing reviews, I keep this
template in a Tomboy note:

MUST items:

- rpmlint:
- Package name:
- Spec name:
- Meets packaging guidelines:
- License:
- Spec in American English:
- Spec legible:
- Sources match upstream:
- Builds:
- BuildRequires:
- Locales:
- ldconfig:
- Relocation:
- Directory ownership:
- %files:
- %clean:
- Macros:
- Code vs. Content:
- Documentation:
- devel package:
- .desktop file:

SHOULD:

- Includes license text:
- Mock build:
- Builds on all archs:
- Package functional:
- Scriptlets:
- Subpackages:

Which follows the review guidelines pretty closely. When I finalize a
review, I just copy and paste this template into a new note, go down the
ReviewGuidelines list, and type in an "Ok" or a "NEEDSWORK" for each
one. If the time required to copy and paste and type some OK's would add
significantly to your workload, I dare say you aren't putting in
adequate time, thought and effort into your reviews.