Summary from yesterdays (mini) FESCo meeting

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Dec 29 21:24:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:14:57 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> I... am absolutely astounded by all this. For doing reviews, I keep this
> template in a Tomboy note:

-snip-

> Which follows the review guidelines pretty closely. When I finalize a
> review, I just copy and paste this template into a new note, go down the
> ReviewGuidelines list, and type in an "Ok" or a "NEEDSWORK" for each
> one.

> If the time required to copy and paste and type some OK's would add
> significantly to your workload, I dare say you aren't putting in
> adequate time, thought and effort into your reviews.

Wrong way of thinking to begin with.

It would be wrong for me to reduce my way of reviewing packages
painstakingly to such a short'n'static list of MUST/SHOULD items.

My personal list of MUST/SHOULD/HINTS items depends on the package I
review. I adapt to what I see and to what seems necessary, and I believe
several other contributors do the same. Neither do I want to process items
which are irrelevant, because they don't apply to a package, nor do I want
to create a list for all things I perceive as "okay". If my other messages
in this thread have not been clear enough already, I can't help it.

Since I had started contributing reviews long ago, and long before some
people invented metrics, I've never reached a point where I no longer
found any new/bad things not covered by packaging/reviewing guidelines.
I'd like to keep that style of doing reviews.

Anyway, the number of Fedora Extras contributors has reached a certain
point where I think I won't spend a lot of energy into discussing things
like this, especially since I haven't done many reviews for quite some
time.