New printer administration tool design for comments

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Fri Feb 10 02:48:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 18:30 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> A NEW PRINTER ADMINISTRATION TOOL
> =================================

what I'd like to see is a mechanism similar to automatic http proxy
discovery; eg allow for a "site configuration", which you pull down
automatic (say if dhcp points you at it) if you are in a certain
building at work, but not when you are at home (because then you want to
pull down another printer list from your local firewall box ;)

these site printers are obviously sort of similar, but in addition to,
personal printers.

Maybe there is some overlap; I could have a preferred printer, or
settings for printer, which are in a site config. Would be nice that
those are remembered local and reactivated when I get back to that
site...