That name game...

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:12:22 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 03:56:42PM -0800, Thomas Chung wrote:
> > Are you guys campaigning for General Zod in 2008? :)
>
> Sort of - there has been a campaign to get a RH/Fedora released called Zod
> internally to Red Hat since 1998 or maybe earlier

My earliest recollection is 1997 after I got there... I think the 4.90
beta release someone listed Zod as what they wanted. It was considered
to be infeasible for copyright, trademark, and all the rest. [We just
made money this quarter, do you want to blow it on lawsuits?]

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator