[RFC] Braking nfs-utils into -devel and -libs rpms.

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 00:35:20 UTC 2006

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> It everytime a good idea to split libraries and programs when there might
> be other packages using the libs. Else, monolithic packages might/will
> add of unneeded stuff or even dependencies to packages needing the libs
> only.
Ok another question... the autoconf files that build the nfs daemons
and commands expect the needed libraries to be already installed
on the build machine. So my question is, when I build things, should
I change the autoconf file so that the build points to the libraries
(and header files) in the build tree or should I require nfs-utils-lib
to be installed on the build machine (i.e. Requires: nfs-utils-lib).

I guess would guess its the former but I just want to make sure
I'm doing things in the normal or expected way....

tia,

steved.