Packaging/Review Guidelines change

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 04:38:04 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is a policy that has been enforced for sometime, but never actually
> added to the guidelines (until now).

Just a thought.... how exactly are we expect as reviewers to check for this?
Basically what this says is new package foo shouldn't own a
pre-existing package called baz.
Doesn't this effectively require a way to check the full package space
in Core+Extras to see if a directory is own by a pre-existing package?
 Not just whatever we happen to have installed on the system we are
doing the review on... but all fedora packages regardless of whether
they are installed or not.  Can this be done with repoquery(which
isn't working on rawhide systems at the  momment if i recall
correctly) I'm not sure this "MUST" can be effectively reviewed or
enforced as written, unless repoquery can be used to ask "what other
packages in the tree own this directory"

-jef