beagle

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jan 12 18:46:17 UTC 2006

To make beagle as useful as possible it needs to be linked against some
packages in extras.  1 is gnumetric to index spreadsheets 2 is wv  to index
word documents

http://www.beagle-project.org/Optional_prerequisites

ok looks like gnumetric  is run time only  so it should work as
--enable-ssindex  is enabled in gnumetric however  end users may complain
that indexing is not happening  if they dont install gnumetric themselves.

so wv  would need to be added to core and to give users best experience
gnumetric  would need adding back so beagle  could require it.

a couple of things that bother me about beagle.  and i could be wrong here.
1. there seems to be no way to index OpenDocument files.  this is a big
downer for me  as i use them much more often than Word or excel.

2.  it wants to link against older packages  wv1  not wv2 sqlite2 not sqlite3

Dennis